EU-IoT/EFPF Hackathon co-located with CONASENSE 2022
The EU-IoT/EFPF Hackathon focused on “sustainable next-generation IoT applications”. We invite you to bring your ideas and to develop solutions that address IoT skills training, IoT sustainable business models, IoT novel technical solutions in the context of 6 challenge domains: IoT interfaces, far Edge, near Edge, infrastructure, and also: a specific challenge domain of the European Factory Platform (EFPF), with focus on manufacturing. The Hackathon took place in Munich, co-located with CONASENSE 2022.
The Hackathon counted with 143 registered participants across the world, out of which 30 participants have been selected and formed 15 teams. We congratulate the 3 winning teams!
Winners and Awards:
- First place: Team 6, Cassio Dias, Felipe da Silva Braz, Gabriel Negri, Jose Angelo de Oliveira, UNIVESP, Brazil.
- EU-IoT Challenges Award, provided by UnternehmerTUM Makerspace – 1 year XL membership for incubation in the UnternhemerTUM Makerspace in Munich and 3 trainings per team member
- EFPF Challenges Award, first prize, 1 Google Pixel 6
- Second place: team 2, Sudhir Kshirsagar, Universit of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- IoT Forum voucher for 1 person, IoT Week 2023
- EFPF Challenges Award, 2nd prize – Google Next HUB 2nd generation smart display and Google ChromeCast Stream player, and 2 Google Nest Audio Smart Speakers
- Third place: team 16, Bruno Lowczy, UNIVESP, Brazil
- EFPF Challenges Award 3rd prize, Arduino Kit Explore IoT Kit Education and a set of 40 sensors for Arduino projects plus Arduino Sensor Kit Base with Shield and 10 Grove Sensors
In addition, all team members (individual persons) have been awarded with:
– Infineon Kit I(PSoC™ 62S2 Wi-Fi BT Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062S2-43012) and IoT Sense Expansion Kit. CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 and 10x CY8CKIT-028-SENSE. The PSoC™ 62S2 Wi-Fi BT Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062S2-43012) is a low-cost hardware platform that enables design and debug of the PSoC™ 62 MCU and the Murata 1LV Module (CYW43012 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Combo Chip). The IoT sense expansion kit (Y8CKIT-028-SENSE) is a low-cost Arduino™ UNO compatible shield board that can be used to easily interface a variety of sensors with the PSoC™ 6 MCU platform, specifically targeted for audio and machine learning applications.
– Infineon Kit II CY8CPROTO-062-4343W. PSoC™ 6 Wi-Fi BT Prototyping Kit (CY8CPROTO-062-4343W) is a low-cost hardware platform that enables design and debug of PSoC™ 6 MCUs. It comes with a CY8CMOD-062-4343W module, industry-leading CAPSENSE™ for touch buttons and slider, on-board debugger/programmer with KitProg3, microSD card interface, 512-Mb Quad-SPI NOR flash, PDM microphone, and a thermistor. It also includes a Murata LBEE5KL1DX module, based on the CYW4343W combo device.